Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Toucans :: Collared Aracari
Collared Aracari Pteroglossus torquatus
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1788)
Alternate common name(s): Stripe-billed Aracari, Pale-mandibled Aracari, Spot-breasted Aracari, Banded Aracari, Ringed Aracari, Red-rumped Aracari, Red-backed Aracari, Spot-chested Aracari
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 6 more images.
RangeLowlands of c. Central America to nw. South America;
(1) S. Mexico (Oaxaca, Chiapas) to w. Panama.
(2) Se. Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula), n. Guatemala and Belize.
(3) N. Colombia and n. Venezuela.
(4) Nw. Venezuela.
(5) Ex. e. Panama, Pacific slope of w. Colombia and nw. Ecuador.
(6) Pacific slope of w. Ecuador (Esmeraldas to Chanchan and in Mindo).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.