Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Ovenbirds :: Pale-breasted Spinetail
Pale-breasted Spinetail Synallaxis albescens
Described by: Temminck (1823)
Alternate common name(s): White-throated Spinetail, Pale-breasted Castlebuilder
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
RangeS. Central America, n., e. and sc. South America;
(1) Sw. Costa Rica, Panama and nw. Colombia.
(2) Coastal n. Colombia.
(3) N. and c. Colombia (Cauca Valley and Magdalena Valley, and Boyaca) and nw. Venezuela (s. Apure).
(4) Coastal ex. n. Colombia (Guajira Peninsula) and nw. Venezuela (nw. Zulia e. to w. Falcon and s. to the n. shore of Lake Maracaibo and Lara).
(5) Nc. Colombia (Norte de Santander, Santander) and nw. Venezuela (Perija Mountains, Merida, Tachira).
(6) N. Colombia (Santa Marta Mountains), n. Venezuela (s. Tachira and Apure e. to Sucre, Monagas, ex. n. Amazonas and n. Bolivar and Margarita Is., Cubagua Is., Trinidad and Bocas Is.).
(7) S. Venezuela (c. Amazonas, c. Bolivar), Guyana, Surinam and n. Brazil (Roraima).
(8) Guiana and nc. Brazil along both shores of the Amazon between Rio Madeira and Rio Tapajos).
(9) Ex. se. Peru (Madre de Dios), e. Bolivia (Beni to Tarija and Santa Cruz), w. Paraguay and nw. Argentina (Salta, Formosa s. to Mendoza, La Pampa and Buenos Aires).
(10) E. and s. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina)), e. Paraguay and ne. Argentina (Misiones).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.