Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Streaked Flycatcher
Streaked Flycatcher Myiodynastes maculatus
Described by: Müller, Statius (1776)
Alternate common name(s): Solitary Flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeC. and s. Central America and tropical South America;
Two populations with those in n. and s. part of range migrating to the c. part of the range;
(1) Se. Mexico (s. San Luis Potosi and s. Tamaulipas s. along the Gulf-Caribbean slope through the Yucatan Peninsula), Belize and n. Guatemala to n. Honduras.
Migrates s. to n. South America.
(2) Ne. Colombia.
(3) Sw. Costa Rica, Panama including Coiba Is., Cebaco Is. and the Pearl Is. to Colombia and Venezuela including Margarita Is.
(4) Sw. Colombia, w. Ecuador and nw. Peru.
(5) Ne. Peru, n. Amazonian Brazil to nw. Maranao, Guyana, Surinam and Guiana.
(6) Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago.
(7) S. Peru, Bolivia, c., s. and e. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina)), Paraguay, Uruguay to c. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.