Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Flycatchers :: Red-backed Scrub-Robin
Red-backed Scrub-Robin Cercotrichas leucophrys
Described by: Vieillot (1817)
Alternate common name(s): Red-backed Scrub-robin, White-winged Scrub-robin, White-browed Scrub-robin, Zambesi Scrub-robin
Old scientific name(s): Erythropygia leucophrys
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. and s. tropical Africa to se. Africa;
(1) S. Sudan to ne. Uganda s. Ethiopia (Rift Valley and base of e. highlands), n. Somalia and n. Kenya.
(2) S. Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and Zaire, e. Kenya to n. Mozambique and e. Zambia.
(3) S. Somalia (Juba River area) and adjacent n. Kenya.
(4) C. Kenya and ne. Tanzania (w. of Kilimanjaro to Loliondo).
(5) Sc. Kenya to ex. ne. Tanzania.
(6) C. Tanzania.
(7) Congo River in s. Gabon, s. Congo to c. Angola and Zaire (Katanga).
(8) S. Angola to sw. Zambia, n. Botswana, n. Namibia, Malawe, and w. Zimbabwe.
(9) S. Zimbabwe to s. Mozambique and ne. South Africa (Transvaal, Natal, Swaziland and se. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.