Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Flycatchers :: Mocking Cliff-Chat
Mocking Cliff-Chat Thamnolaea cinnamomeiventris
Described by: Lafresnaye (1836)
Alternate common name(s): Mocking Cliff-chat, Bambara Cliff-chat, Abyssinian Cliff-chat, Ethiopian Cliff-chat, Common Cliff-chat, Cliff Chat, White-crowned Cliff-chat, Crowned Cliff-chat
Old scientific name(s): Myrmecocichla cinnamomeiventris
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 4 more images.
RangeSub-Saharan w. Africa to Ethiopia, and s. to South Africa;
Highly fragmented distribution;
(1) S. Mauritania, e. Sengal, and sw. Mali (Mandingo Mountains, Fiko and Kulikoro).
(2) C. Mali (Mopti);
(2) N. Ivory Coast and e. Burkina Faso discontinuously in Liberia, Ghana, n. Togo and, n. Nigeria and n. Cameroon to the Central African Republic, w. Sudan (Darfur).
(3) C. Sudan (Kordofan and Nuba Hills).
(4) N., c. and e. Ethiopia and n. Eritrea.
(5) Ex. se. Sudan and sw. Ethiopia s. in the Rift Valley to Tanzania, e. Zambia and Malawi.
(6) E. Zimbabwe.
(7) E. Botswana, e. South Africa (e. Transvaal, Orange Free State, Natal, e. Cape Province), w. Swaziland, and Lesotho.
(8) S. Mozambique and ne. South Africa (e. Transvaal, e. Swaziland and n. Natal).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.