Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Thornbills and Allies :: Rufous Fieldwren
Rufous Fieldwren Calamanthus campestris
Described by: Gould (1841)
Alternate common name(s): Rufous Calamanthus, Rusty Calamanthus, Rock Calamanthus, Southern Calamanthus, Rufous Field Wren, Calamanthus
Old scientific name(s): Sericornis campestris
No photographs are available for this species
RangeW. and cs. Australia;
At least two populations;
(1) Sandplain heaths of ex. se. South Australia and nw. Victoria.
(2) Se. Western Australia (Nullarbor Plain) through s. South Australia (York and Eyre Peninsulas) to ex. sw. New South Wales and ex. w. Victoria.
(3) Coastal and c. Western Australia from the North West Cape s to Shark Bay (New Beach and Two Peoples Bay).
(4) Dirk Hartog Is.
(5) Western Australia (Shark Bay Is.).
(6) Salt Lakes of c. Western Australia.
(7) Sw. Australia from Murchison River to the Stirling Range.
(8) Interior of South Australia from n. of Lake Eyre-Frome Basin near Lyndhurst and ex. w. New South Wales.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.