Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Shrikes :: Common Fiscal
Common Fiscal Lanius collaris
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Common Shrike, Fiscal Shrike, Latakoo Fiscal, Uhehe Fiscal, Uhehe Shrike
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) S. Mali, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone, se. Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Niger, s. Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, Zaire, Central African Republic, s. Chad, and s. Sudan.
(2) Ethiopia, Eritrea, Uganda, Kenya, and n. Mozambique.
(3) Highlands of ne., c. and sw. Tanzania.
(4) W. Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, e. Zaire, Angola, Zambia and Malawi.
(5) Coastal sw. Angola and nw. Namibia.
(6) E. Botswana, Zimbabwe, s. Mozambique to e. South Africa (Natal, Zululand).
(7) S. Namibia and South Africa (s. Transvaal, Cape Province to Orange River and Transkei).
(8) C. and n. Namibia to s. Botswana.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.