Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Rails, Gallinules and Coots :: Plumbeous Rail
Plumbeous Rail Pardirallus sanguinolentus
Described by: Swainson (1838)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Rallus sanguinolentus, Pardirallus rytirhynchos, Ortygonax sanguinolentus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeWc. and se. South America to Tierra del Fuego;
(1) Pacific slope of nw. Peru to n. Chile.
(2) Temperate C. Peru s. from the upper Maranon Valley to c. and se. Bolivia.
(3) Se. Brazil (Rio de Janeiro).
(4) Paraguay, ex. se. Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina s. to the Rio Negro.
(5) C. Chile (Atacama s. to Llanquihue) and sw. Argentina.
(6) S. Chile and s. Argentina in Tierra del Fuego (Isla Grande and Staten Is.).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Aves de Chile
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.