Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tinamous :: Andean Tinamou
Andean Tinamou Nothoprocta pentlandii
Described by: Gray, G. R. (1867)
Alternate common name(s): Pentland's Tinamou
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeC. w. to nc. s. South America;
Populations from the lomas of coastal s. Peru (the Lomas of Pongo at Acari and the Lomas of Atiquipa at Chala) may be undescribed forms;
(1) W. slope of the Andes in s. Ecuador (formerly above Zaruma) and nw. Peru.
(2) W. slope of the Andes in c. and s. Peru.
(3) An apparently isolated population in se. Peru in Cuzco (Urcos, Pisac, Cuczco, Ocongate).
(4) An isolated population occurs in the lomas or fog forests along the coast of Peru (Lomas of Lachay near Lima).
(5) E. slope of the Andes in Bolivia (La Paz s. through Cochabamba, Santa Cruz, Potosi, Chuquisaca and Tarija(?), nw. Argentina (Jujuy, Salta, Tucuman, Catamarca, La Rioja, Santiago del Estero in the Sierra de Guasayan) and apparently in the Andes of ex. n. Chile (Putre and Socoroma regions).
(6) C. Argentina (San Luis and Cordoba).
(7) Cw. Argentina (Mendoza, n. Neuquen).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.