Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Sandgrouse :: Lichtenstein's Sandgrouse
Lichtenstein's Sandgrouse Pterocles lichtensteinii
Described by: Temminck (1825)
Alternate common name(s): Close-barred Sandgrouse, Abyssinian Sandgrouse
Old scientific name(s): Eremialector lichtensteinii
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeN. Africa, s. Arabia and e. Middle East;
(1) N. Africa in the Sahara and Sahel from s. Morocco, Mauritania, s. Algeria, Mali, Niger and c. Chad.
(2) S. Israel, Sinai, se. Egypt, ne. and c. Sudan to n. Ethiopia, Eritrea, n. Somalia and Socotra Is. Socotra Is.
(3) Yemen (Hadhramaut) and possibly s. Saudi Arabia.
(4) Se. Sudan, Uganda and s. Ethiopia s. to c. Kenya.
(5) S. Arabia e. to s. Iran, s. Afghanistan, Pakistan (Baluchistan and Sind) and possibly w. India.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.