Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pigeons and Doves :: Band-tailed Pigeon
Band-tailed Pigeon Patagioenas fasciata
Described by: Say (1823)
Alternate common name(s): White-necked Pigeon, White-naped Pigeon
Old scientific name(s): Columba fasciata
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 3 more images.
RangeCoastal nw. North America through Central America s. to n. and cw. South America;
(1) Sw. Canada (sw. British Columbia and Vancouver Is.), w. United States (Washington, Oregon, California and ex. w. Nevada and from s. Nevada, Arizona, c. Utah, nc. Colorado, New Mexico and w. Texas) s. through Mexico to Guatemala.
(2) N. Baja, Mexico.
(3) S. Baja, Mexico.
(4) Honduras and El Salvador.
(5) Nc. Nicaragua.
(6) Costa Rica and w. Panama e. to e. Veraguas.
(7) N. and w. Colombia (Andes, Santa Marta Mountains and Sierra de Perija), nw. Brazil (Roraima), Ecuador and Peru to c. Bolivia (La Paz, Cochabamba, w. Santa Cruz) and nw. Argentina (Jujuy, Salta, Catamarca, Tucuman).
(8) Venezuela (Zulia s. to Tachira and e. to Sucre and Monagas and the tepuis of Bolivar and Anazonas on Mt. Duida and Mt. Romaima) and Trinidad.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.