Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Parrots, Macaws and Allies :: Red-cheeked Parrot
Red-cheeked Parrot Geoffroyus geoffroyi
Described by: Bechstein (1811)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Psittinus geoffroyi
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) N. Moluccas.
(2) Nc. Moluccas (Obi Is.).
(3) S. Moluccas.
(4) Seram Laut Is.
(5) Kai Is.
(6) W. Lesser Sundas (Lombok, Sumbawa, Flores, Sumba Is.).
(7) E. Lesser Sundas (Timor and Wetar Is.).
(8) Tanimbar Is.
(9) W. Papuan Is. and nw. New Guinea.
(10) N. New Guinea.
(11) Yapen and Meos Num Is. in Geelvink Bay.
(12) Biak and Numfor Is. in Geelvink Bay.
(13) Ne. New Guinea (Huon Peninsula).
(14) Misima and Tagula Is.
(15) Rossel Is.
(16) Aru Is., s. New Guinea, D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Fergusson Is. and Normanby Is.) and ne. Australia (ne. Queensland on the ne. Cape York Peninsula along the Portland Road in the Iron Range National Park).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.