Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Mousebirds :: Blue-naped Mousebird
Blue-naped Mousebird Urocolius macrourus
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Blue-naped Coly
Old scientific name(s): Colius macrourus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeNc. Africa in the Sahel zone and e. Africa;
Fragmented distribution in the w. extreme of its range;
(1) Sw. Mauritania, Senegambia, s. Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau and Benin.
(2) Mali, s. Niger and n. Nigeria e. to Chad, Sudan, n. Ethiopia and Eritrea.
(3) Nc. Niger (Air Mountains).
(4) C. and s. Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and nw. Somalia s. to about Beledweyne.
(5) S. Sudan, sw. Ethiopia, ex. ne. Zaire, w. Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and nw. Tanzania. Possibly also occurs in sw. Ethiopia and sw. Tanzania.
(6) Ex. se. Sudan, e. Uganda, s. Somalia, Kenya to n. Tanzania.
(7) C. and e. Tanzania e. to Dar-es-Salaam.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.